2. Epsom Salt : Having a bath in Epsom salt helps relieve stress as it helps the body produce serotonin.
Many kids on the Autistic Spectrum are low in the magnesium levels . When salt is dissolved in the warm water the magnesium is absorbed through the skin to help restore magnesium levels in the body which helps promote feeling of calm and relaxation .
3. Essential Oils : Have relaxing effects on many patients .
The use of Lavender has proven to reduce anxiety and stress, improve sleep and brain function .
4. Meditation -Meditative practice has been used since ancient times to improve health and well being . Guided meditation for kids is a wonderful tool to reduce stress and anxiety as it guides us on how to deal with anxiety feelings and how can the change of mindset also affect the mood and the way we think. How to make the shift from a child who is not regulated and feeling upset into a positive and calm mindset. Introducing breathing techniques….
Listen to my podcast with Cory Cochiolo
My Podcast with Cory
5. Exercise : Daily exercise , daily stretches . Experts say physical activity allows children to have a better outlook on life by building confidence, managing anxiety and depression, and increasing self-esteem and cognitive skills.
6. Omega 3 fatty acids : Research has shown that Omega 3 can reduce anxiety. By using Omega-3 brain function had improved including memory Omega 3 is helps with vision development as well.
The best food sources of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids are fish high in both DHA and EPA such as sardines, herring, salmon and tuna. Wild-caught varieties usually are better than “farmed” fish, If you aren’t a fish lover then you could take fish oil supplements containing Omega 3.